Monday, December 27, 2010

More from my literary world.....


I know that I'm officially on break from school because I've started giving myself projects. Not big projects (surprised?), but I'm ready to work again. The upcoming semester of school at UNT looks to be a bit lighter than my last (we shall see). For now I'm making it my goal to continue updating this blog with thoughts, feelings and reviews on the things that I'm reading.

I will continue to post on children's and young adult literature in the same format previously used. I'm also planning on posting quick blurbs on "grown-up" books that I read.

Since being on break I read David Sedaris' Chipmunk Seeks Squirrel. By in large I am an avid reader of Sedaris and a huge fan. However, this book was not my favorite. I will say that the final piece of the book "The Grieving Owl" was simply brilliant and I will surely read it again and again.

Did I mention that I'm a big fan of David Sedaris? I have a tradition of reading Holidays On Ice each year around Christmas. This year was no exception. After many reads this books still sheds new light on old holiday truths while remaining as entertaining as ever.

I've just cracked open my second P.D. James novel, An Unsuitable Job For A Woman. So far the book is extreamly well written with a pace that moves but still says "classic English mystery." The tone of the book is less dark than expected do to the pragmatic protagonist Cordelia Gray. More on An Unsuitable Job For A Woman after I finish it.

Up next, I'll be listening to The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis and reading Tokyo Vice by Jake Adelstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment