Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis


So I begin my journey to Narnia. I remember an aunt giving me a copy of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe for Christmas one year. As a kid I was very reluctant to reading assignments both from teachers and well meaning aunts. I have now become interested in the Chronicles of Narnia and the first book of the series has sustained my curiosity. Put simply, The Magician's Nephew details the birth of Narnia. Now that I know how Narnia was made and why the wardrobe is so significant, I'm ready to move on to The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe.

My favorite thing about this book is the realistic and captivating characterizations. Thought the book is decades old situations and reactions between the characters remain true and entertaining. Full disclosure, I listed to the book as read by Kenneth Branagh who really brought the text to life. If you are a fan of audio books, I would totally recommend Branagh's recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment